Skip to main content

Lego 21325 Medieval Blacksmith - Official Images!

 


Once in a blue moon, it feels like Lego listens to its most hardcore fans -- and we get some awesome sets from classic themes that have been neglected for years. The Lego Movie (the first one anyway) delivered some sets that ... kinda ... sorta paid homage to classic themes, and 2020 was pretty great with the release of Pirates of Barracuda Bay, which rebuilds into a modern version of the classic Pirates set, Black Seas Barracude. Train fans also got the super-cool Crocodile Locomotive, and although new train sets are released every few years, this is the first one in the Creator line since the Horizon Express graced the scene back when dinosaurs still ruled the earth. Well, 2013, but you get the point -- it's been awhile.

The Ideas line of sets has helped breathe live into these classic themes (Barracuda Bay is an Ideas set too) but since we only get a handful of Ideas sets each year, many of awesome designs just disappear into the depths of the internet. But this one made it through, more or less, and behold! - a new Castle themed set: 21235 Medieval Blacksmith.


Designed by Ideas user "Namirob", the Medieval Blacksmith is a fantastic accessory building for your castle village. Now, it doesn't quite look like the original design, but I think Lego nailed this one. I like both designs.


 

I'm sure that like all the Ideas sets, this one was redesigned to keep all the building techniques legal, and provide the builder with an enjoyable experience and a sturdy finished product.

The building is somewhat of a modular design, allowing the roof and each floor to separate from one another with ease.



We also get four nice minifigures, and two animals. I believe that every single castle fan ever was hoping that this set would feature a re-release of the beloved goat, but we can't have everything I suppose!


In conclusion, I'm excited about this set. I'm not sure just why I'm excited about this set, as I've never been a tremendous fan of the classic themes. That's not to say that I don't like that, but I grew up with City and Town sets, presumably because my dad was a model railroader. In any case, it gives us hope that some day, Lego will release more sets of the classic themes. In 2020, we got Pirates. 2021 brings us castle. Maybe 2022 will give us a classic Space set? We can certainly dream.

The 21325 Medieval Blacksmith will be available for purchase at midnight on February 1, 2021.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BlueBrixx 100284 Locomotive Shed Review

I have to preface this by saying that I absolutely love BlueBrixx. They have designed so many cool sets for train-loving brick builders that I find myself scouring their website frequently to see what's coming next. They've done a fantastic job of delivering what Lego chooses not to -- locomotives, rolling stock, and accessory buildings -- at fairly reasonable prices.  I am a huge fan of of Lego's 10027 Engine Shed , a legend among train fans. But anyone looking to purchase one probably knows by now it will set you back a fair amount of money. To add insult to injury, you really need two of them for it to look appropriate.  Enter the BlueBrixx Locomotive Shed. This brick-and-mortar monster sits on more than 2 and a half baseplates and is comprised of approximately 5.3 billion pieces. You read that correctly. All of the walls are predominantly 1x2 bricks. The shingled roof on the side of the building is about 500 pieces alone. This created a rather detailed and quite fancy l...

Kazi 98220 Cargo Rail Train

I’m here to review the Kazi 98220 “Cargo Rail Train”. I haven’t seen many photos apart from the stock ones on the internet, so hopefully this will help some folks who are considering adding this set to their collection. The set includes a locomotive, passenger car, boxcar, oval of track with 2 switches and a siding, cargo truck, and a small platform. Five minifigures are also included – an engineer, two cargo delivery people, and two passengers. The set came in a tightly wrapped bubble wrap bag, and arrived in about 2 weeks from China to Baltimore. Retails for $55-60 on AliExpress. I paid $48.93, which included coupon from AliExpress during the 11/11 promotion. It’s worth noting that all of the bricks are screen printed! No stickers! I wish some other brick companies would learn from this … Below, I’ll review in the individual parts. Bricks : Great clutch, maybe even a little too strong. There is a brick separator included, and was needed for sure. The pieces were ju...

Craigslist/Facebook Marketplace "smash boxes"

Some of my co-workers are aware of my Lego hobby, have seen pictures of my layout, and thus view me as some sort of godlike expert on the matter, coming to me with any number questions. Many of those questions could be easily answered with a quick Google search -- but I don't want to bully my co-workers too  much. Anyway, one of them has decided to dig out his childhood sets, which are all smashed up and mixed together in some sort of box or plastic tote. Part of me hoped I could convince him to sell them to me, but it seems he received a few newer sets as gifts over the past couple months and like many folks who are locked inside their houses during this pandemic, Lego has the potential of becoming a hobby for him. He had previously asked me what I thought it was worth -- and my response was the same as it would be if I was considering purchasing something I saw on an internet marketplace. That is, "it depends". The value of a box's contents depend on a few things: -...